We value and have listened to your feedback…Thank you to everyone whom submitted feedback on the event over the years, each year we are dedicated to providing you with a safer and more enjoyable event. There are couple of new details we have introduced to the 2012 event based on your feedback:
- The Junior Ocean Swim will be run later in the season – we will keep you posted once the date has been confirmed.
- We have introduced a clear wetsuit policy – your safety is paramount, so please make yourself aware of the new policy so you know your options in the lead up to the event.
- Swim times information – we have collated the results from the past 12 years to determine the average time and the fastest time per age group/category to help you with training goals your swim.
- Increased baggage collection times at Bondi - so you can keep your belongings with you for longer prior to starting your wave.
- A new recovery area at the finish - this year we will have water available at the finish in addition to the water and sustenance tents in the festival area in the park. We will continue to encourage everyone to the festival area, however our muscle men will ensure there is water at the finish for all who need it.
- Please check out our Contact Us page of the website with more Frequently Asked Questions… from payment details to transport information to friends and family information.
A BIG THANKS to our 2012 Sponsors and Partners!!
We welcome Banana Boat as our naming rights sponsor again in 2012 – Banana Boat has been our biggest supporter over the years and is committed to Sun Safety for everyone. Banana Boat will be there to ensure all B2B swimmers are protected with the Sun Police team helping everyone stay Sun Smart!
We’d like to also thank Speedo for providing caps and great prizes, Grace Self Storage for getting everyone’s personal belongings from Bondi to Bronte smoothly and Scott Signs providing us with lots of new signage to show off our bold new logo! Please support those that support us!
A special message from our charity partner: The Kids' Cancer Project.
Once again The Banana Boat Bondi to Bronte Ocean Swim is supporting The Kids' Cancer Project in their efforts to find a cure for childhood cancer. Last year B2B swimmers raised over $30,000 for childhood cancer research. Make your swim more than just a personal challenge, make it a meaningful challenge by fundraising for The Kids' Cancer Project.
You can create your online fundraising page here and ask your friends and family to sponsor your challenge to help kids with cancer through their greatest challenge. If you raise over $250 for The Kids' Cancer Project, Bronte SLSC will refund your entry fee – or you could donate your entry too!
Raid your cupboards for TOWEL DONATIONS!
We are hiring clothes dryers this year to ensure no matter what conditions the day throws up we can provide swimmers with warm towels at the finish. We would greatly appreciate any towel donations – please drop them down to Bronte Surf Club between 9.30 - 2.30 Mon, Tues and Sunday's prior to the event.
Get your B2B kit on!
Why not show your support for our iconic Club and our Event with a pair of Bondi to Bronte swimmers or the iconic logo merchandise, which has been reduced to $10 for T-Shirts or Caps. You can purchase items through our website on the Merchandise page or directly at the Club.
We will keep you posted on more news over the next 8 weeks... with training tips and event information to get you excited for another Bondi to Bronte!
Join the B2B training squad!
The popular Bondi to Bronte Ocean Swim Training is back for the 7th year, helping those who would like to improve their ocean swimming skills prior to the big event. The training runs for 1 hour, from 8am at Bondi Beach over 4 consecutive Sundays: 28th October, 4th, 11th and 18th November.
Please see the Training page on the website for more details and to register for the Training squad.
If you have any questions, or would like to get involved as a volunteer or supporter please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget - 8 weeks to go, Happy Training!