5km Eligibility Criteria & Conditions of Entry
- The 5km swim course is open to advanced level swimmers only
- You must be able to complete a 5km timed pool swim in under 1hr 30mins and provide evidence to the event organiser if requested.
- All participants must be able to complete the 5km ocean swim within the cut off time of 120 mins.
- Participants who have not reached the Bronte turning buoy within 55 mins will not be permitted to continue and will be removed from the course and returned to the shore at Bondi Beach by water safety.
- You acknowledge that the swim course distance is approximate only and the final distance will be determined by bouy placement on the day subject to swell and weather considerations.
- Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present on event day.
The event organiser reserves the right to request proof of eligibility which may be provided as follows:
- Evidence of a timed pool swim via a smart device
- Published results from a previously completed 5km open water swim e.g., results page from the Sydney Harbour Splash, Cole Classic, Balmoral Swim or Malabar Magic Ocean Swim.